1. Safe health-care waste management: Policy paper [Online]. [cited 2004]; Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/medicalwa ste/hcwmpolicy/en/hcwmpolicye.pdf
2. Rutala WA, Weber DJ. Disinfection, sterilization, and control of hospital waste. In: Mandell GL, Bennett GE, Dolin R, Editors. Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Science Health Science Division; 2004. p. 3331-47.
3. Murthy PG, Leelaja BC, Hosmani SP. Bio-medical wastes disposal and management in some major hospitals of Mysore City, India. International NGO Journal 2011; 6: 71-8.
4. Pandit NB, Mehta HK, Kartha GP, Choudhary SK. Management of bio-medical waste: awareness and practices in a district of Gujarat. Indian J Public Health 2005; 49(4): 245-7.
5. Razdan P, Heema AS. Bio-medical waste management system. ASCNT 2009; 26-31.
6. World Health Organization. Management of waste from hospitals and other health care establishments. Euro Report sand Studies 1985; 97: 1-61.
7. Central pollution control board, Environmental standard and guidelines for management of hospital waste. New Delhi, India: Pollution Control Board; 1996.
8. Pasupathi P, Sindhu S, Ponnusha BS, Ambika A. Biomedical waste management for health care industry. Int J Biol Med Res 2011; 2(1): 472-86.
9. Horsted-Bindslev P. Amalgam toxicity--environmental and occupational hazards. J Dent 2004; 32(5): 359-65.
10. Bansal M, Mishra A, Gautam P, Changulani R, Srivastava D, Singh Gour N. biomedical waste management: awareness and practices in a district of Madhya Pradesh. National Journal of Community Medicine V 2011; 2(3): 452-6.
11. Mathur V, Dwivedi S, Hassan M, Misra R. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practices about Biomedical Waste Management among Healthcare Personnel: A Cross-sectional Study. Indian J Community Med 2011; 36(2):143- 5.
12. Yadavannavar MC, Berad AS, Jagirdar PB. Biomedical Waste Management: A Study of Knowledge, Attitude, and Practices in a Tertiary Health Care Institution in Bijapur. Indian J Community Med 2010; 35(1): 170-1.
13. Rao PH. Report: Hospital waste management--awareness and practices: a study of three states in India. Waste Manag Res 2008; 26(3): 297-303.
14. Aurora CV, Bulucea AV, Bulucea MC, Popescu AF. Assessment of Biomedical Waste Situation in Hospitals of Dolj District. International Journal of Biology and Biomedical Engineering 2008; 1(2): 19-28.
15. Obekpa Abah S, Ige Ohimain E. Healthcare waste management in Nigeria: A case study. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology 2011; 3(3): 99-110.
16. Abah SO, Ohimain EI. Assessment of dumpsite rehabilitation potential using the integrated risk based approach: a case study of Eneka, Nigeria. World Applied Sciences Journal 2010; 8(4): 436-42.
17. Ministry of environment and forests. [Online]. [cited 1998]; Available from: URL:
18. Singh IB, Sarma RK. Hospital waste disposal system & technology. J Acad Hosp Adm 1996; 8-9(2-1): 33-9.
19. World Health Organization. Managing Medical Wastes in Developing Countries. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 1994.
20. Lakbala P, Mahesh TM. Bio-medical waste management in Shiraz city of Iran. In J Inst Town Plann 2011; 56: 1-8.