1. Pease W S. The role of cancer risk in the regulation of industrial pollution. Risk Anal 1992; 12 (2): 253–265.
2. Chen S, Wu D. Adapting ecological risk valuation for natural resource damage assessment in water pollution. Environ Res 2018; 164: 85–92.
3. Bazuhair A S, Wood W W. Chloride mass-balance method for estimating ground water recharge in arid areas: examples from western Saudi Arabia. J Hydrol 1996; 186 (1–4): 153–159.
4. Niazi A, Bentley L R, Hayashi M. Estimation of spatial distribution of groundwater recharge from stream base flow and groundwater chloride. J Hydrol 2017; 546: 380–392.
5. Xu J X, Song Y B, Jiang L H, Feng W, Cao Y L, Ji W W. Influence of elevated temperature on release of bound chlorides from chloride-admixed plain and blended cement pastes. Constr Build Mater 2016; 104: 9–15.
6. Jiang S B, Jiang L H, Wang Z Y, Jin M, Bai S, Song S, et al. Deoxyribonucleic acid as an inhibitor for chloride-induced corrosion of reinforcing steel in simulated concrete pore solutions. Constr Build Mater 2017; 150: 238–247.
7. Al-Sodani K A A, Al- Amoudi O S, Maslehuddin M, Shameem M. Efficiency of corrosion inhibitors in mitigating corrosion of steel under elevated temperature and chloride concentration. Constr Build Mater 2018; 163: 97–112.
8. Simon P. Tapped Out: The Coming Worlds Crisis in Water and What We Can Do About It. Welcome Rain, New York; 1998.
9. Seo S J, Jeon H, Lee J K, Kim G Y, Park D, Nojima H, et al. Investigation on removal of hardness ions by capacitive deionization (CDI) for water softening applications. Water Res 2010; 44(7): 2267–2275.
10. Diaz P, González Z, Granda M, Menendez R, Santamaria R, Blanco C. Evaluating capacitive deionization for water desalination by direct determination of chloride ions. Desalination 2014; 344: 396–401.
11. Igunnu E T, Chen G Z. Produced water treatment technologies. Int J Low Carbon Technol 2014; 9: 157–177,
12. Drioli E, Ali A, Lee Y M, Al-Sharif S F, Al-Beirutty M, Macedonio F. Membrane operations for produced water treatment. Desalination Water Treat 2015; 57: 1–19.
13. Han B, Liu Z, Wu H, Li Y. Experimental study on a new method for improving the performance of thermal vapor compressors for multi-effect distillation desalination systems. Desalination 2014; 344: 391–395.
14. Chen L, Xu Q, Gossage J L. Simulation and economic evaluation of a coupled thermal vapor compression desalination process for produced water management. J Nat Gas Sci Eng 2016; 36: 442–453.
15. Khalifa A E, Alawad S M. Air gap and water gap multistage membrane distillation for water desalination. Desalination 2018; 437: 175–183.
16. Lashkaripour G R, Zivdar M. Desalination of brackish groundwater in Zahedan city in Iran. Desalination 2005; 177(1–3): 1–5.
17. Abdul-Wahab S, Abdo J. Optimization of multistage flash desalination process by using a two-level factorial design. Appl Therm Eng 2007; 27(2-3): 413–421.
18. Junjie Y, Shufeng S, Jinhua W, Jiping L. Improvement of a multi-stage flash seawater desalination system for cogeneration power plants. Desalination 2007; 217(1-3): 191–202.
19. Shen J, Hou Z, Gao C. Using bipolar membrane electrodialysis to synthesize di-quaternary ammonium hydroxide and optimization design by response surface methodology. Chin J Chem Eng 2017; 25 (9): 1176–1181.
20. Ahmad N A, Mohd A A H, Zainura Z N, Abdullahi M E, Jibrin M D. Optimization of nickel removal from electroless plating industry wastewater using response sur-face methodology. J Teknol 2014; 67(4): 33–40.
21. Anupam K, Jaya S, Sayan P, Gopinath H. Optimizing the cross-flow nanofiltration process for chromium (VI) removal from simulated wastewater through response surface methodology. Environ Prog Sustain Energy 2015; 34(5): 1332–40.
22. Sudamalla P, Saravanan P, Matheswaran M. Optimization of operating parameters using response surface methodology for adsorption of crystal violet by activated carbon prepared from mango kernel. Sustain Environ Res 2012; 22(1): 1–7.
23. Ghernaout D, Mariche A, Ghernaout B, Kellil A. Electromagnetic treatment-doubled electrocoagulation of humic acid in continuous mode using response surface method for its optimisation and application on two surface waters. Desalination Water Treat 2010; 22(1-3): 311–329.
24. Yaghmaeian K, Martinez S S, Hoseini M, Amiri H. Optimization of As (III) removal in hard water by electrocoagulation using central composite design with response surface methodology. Desalination Water Treat 2016; 57(57): 27827–27833.
25. Caroline D, Marina E, Ricardo K, Héctor C G. Crossed mixture design and multiple response analysis for developing complex culture medium used in recombinant protein production. Chemometr Intell Lab Syst 2007; 86(1): 1–9.
26. Yin H, Chen Z, Gu Z, Han Y. Optimization of natural fermentative medium for selenium-enriched yeast by D-optimal mixture design. LWT-Food Sci Technol 2009; 42(1): 327–331.
27. Li Z Q, Li J, Zhang L B, Peng J H, Wang S X, Ma AY, et al. Response surface optimization of process parameters for removal of F and Cl from zinc oxide fume by microwave roasting. Trans Nonferrous Met Soc Chin 2015; 25(3): 973−980.
28. Asaithambi P, Abdul-Aziz A R, Wan Daud W M A B. Integrated ozone—electrocoagulation process for the removal of pollutant from industrial effluent: Optimization through response surface methodology. Chem Eng Process 2016; 105: 92–102.
29. Huda N, Raman A A A, Bello M M, Ramesh S. Electrocoagulation treatment of raw landfill leachate using iron-based electrodes: Effects of process parameters and optimization. J Environ Manag 2017; 204: 75–81.
30. Olmez T. The optimization of Cr (VI) reduction and removal by electrocoagulation using response surface methodology. J Hazard Mater 2009; 162(2–3): 1371–1378.
31. Xiarchos I, Jaworska A, Zakrzewska-Trznadel G. Response surface methodology for the modelling of copper removal from aqueous solutions using micellar-enhanced ultrafiltration. J Memb Sci 2008, 321(2): 222–231.
32. Mu Y, Zheng X J, Yu H Q. Determining optimum conditions for hydrogen production from glucose by an anaerobic culture using response surface methodology (RSM). Int J Hydrogen Energy 2009; 34(19): 7959–7963.
33. Montgomery D C. Design and Analysis of Experiments. 9th ed. Publisher: John Wiley & Sons. New York 2017.
34. Acharya S, Sharma S K, Chauhan G, Shree D. Statistical optimization of electrocoagulation process for removal of nitrates using response surface methodology. Indian Chem Eng 2018; 60(3):1–16.
35. Ba-Abbada M M, Kadhum A A H, Bakar Mohamad A, Takriff M S, Sopian K. Optimization of process parameters using D-optimal design for synthesis of ZnO nanoparticles via sol–gel technique. J Ind Eng Chem 2013; 19(1): 99–105.
36. Leiviska K. Introduction to experiment design. University of Oulu Control Engineering Laboratory. Available :https://www.oulu.fi/sites/default/files/content/Introduction%20to%20Experiment%20Design_2013.pdf
37. Ghanim A N. Application of response surface methodology to optimize nitrate removal from wastewater by electrocoagulation. Int J Sci Eng Res 2013; 4(10): 1410–1416.
38. Yu L J, Shukla S S, Dorris K L, Shukla A, Margrave J L. Adsorption of chromium from aqueous solutions by maple sawdust. J Hazard Mater 2003; 100(1-3): 53–63.