1. Attaway HH, Fairey S, Steed LL, Salgado CD, Michels HT, Schmidt MG. Intrinsic bacterial burden associated with intensive care unit hospital beds: effects of disinfection on population recovery and mitigation of potential infection risk. American journal of infection control 2012;40(10):907-12.
2. Quinn MM, Henneberger PK. Cleaning and disinfecting environmental surfaces in health care: Toward an integrated framework for infection and occupational illness prevention. American journal of infection control 2015;43(5):424-34.
3. Rafiee M, Saeedi R, Abtahi M, Ghalami S, Jahangiri-Rad M. Prevalence of hospital-acquired infections in intensive care units in public hospitals in Tehran, Iran, in 2012-2014. Journal of Advances in Environmental Health Research 2016;4(1):34-41.
4. Klevens RM, Edwards JR, Richards Jr CL, Horan TC, Gaynes RP, Pollock DA, et al. Estimating health care-associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002. Public health reports 2007:160-6.
5. Weinstein RA. Epidemiology and control of nosocomial infections in adult intensive care units. The American journal of medicine 1991;91(3):S179-S84.
6. Weber DJ, Rutala WA, Miller MB, Huslage K, Sickbert-Bennett E. Role of hospital surfaces in the transmission of emerging health care-associated pathogens: norovirus, Clostridium difficile, and Acinetobacter species. American journal of infection control 2010;38(5):S25-S33.
7. Rutala WA, Gergen MF, Weber DJ. Room decontamination with UV radiation. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology 2010;31(10):1025-9.
8. Ray AJ, Hoyen CK, Taub TF, Eckstein EC, Donskey CJ. Nosocomial transmission of vancomycin-resistant enterococci from surfaces. Jama 2002;287(11):1400-1.
9. Weinstein RA, Hota B. Contamination, disinfection, and cross-colonization: are hospital surfaces reservoirs for nosocomial infection? Clinical infectious diseases 2004;39(8):1182-9.
10. Boyce JM. Environmental contamination makes an important contribution to hospital infection. Journal of Hospital Infection 2007;65:50-4.
11. Dancer S. The role of environmental cleaning in the control of hospital-acquired infection. Journal of Hospital Infection 2009;73(4):378-85.
12. Wiemken TL, Curran DR, Pacholski EB, Kelley RR, Abdelfattah RR, Carrico RM, et al. The value of ready-to-use disinfectant wipes: compliance, employee time, and costs. American journal of infection control 2014;42(3):329-30.
13. Sehulster L, Chinn RY, Arduino M, Carpenter J, Donlan R, Ashford D, et al. Guidelines for environmental infection control in health-care facilities. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Recommendations and Reports RR 2003;52(10).
14. Weber DJ, Anderson D, Rutala WA. The role of the surface environment in healthcare-associated infections. Current opinion in infectious diseases 2013;26(4):338-44.
15. Dancer S. How do we assess hospital cleaning? A proposal for microbiological standards for surface hygiene in hospitals. Journal of Hospital Infection 2004;56(1):10-5.
16. Griffith C, Obee P, Cooper R, Burton N, Lewis M. The effectiveness of existing and modified cleaning regimens in a Welsh hospital. Journal of Hospital Infection 2007;66(4):352-9.
17. Campbell J, Jones C, Hill B. Cleaning: Finding a Microbiological Standard. International Journal of Facility Management 2014;5(1).
18. Andersen B, Rasch M, Kvist J, Tollefsen T, Lukkassen R, Sandvik L, et al. Floor cleaning: effect on bacteria and organic materials in hospital rooms. Journal of Hospital Infection 2009;71(1):57-65.
19. Rutala W, Weber D. Surface disinfection: should we do it? Journal of Hospital Infection 2001;48:S64-S8.
20. Dancer SJ. Controlling hospital-acquired infection: focus on the role of the environment and new technologies for decontamination. Clinical microbiology reviews 2014;27(4):665-90.
21. Portner JA, Johnson JA. Guidelines for reducing pathogens in veterinary hospitals: disinfectant selection, cleaning protocols, and hand hygiene. Compendium (Yardley, PA) 2010;32(5):E1-11; quiz E2.
22. Ayliffe G, Collins B, Lowbury E, Babb J, Lilly H. Ward floors and other surfaces as reservoirs of hospital infection. Journal of Hygiene 1967;65(04):515-36.
23. Ayliffe G, Collins B, Lowbury E. Cleaning and disinfection of hospital floors. British medical journal 1966;2(5511):442.
24. Palmer PH, Yeoman DM. A study to assess the value of disinfectants when washing ward floors. Med J Aust 1972;2(22):1237-9.
25. Ducel G, Fabry J, Nicolle L, Organization WH. Prevention of hospital-acquired infections: a practical guide 2002.