. Xu C, Han H, Jia S, Zhao Q. Influence of phenol on ammonia removal in an intermittent aeration bioreactor treating biologically pretreated coal gasification wastewater. Journal of Environmental Sciences 2016;43:99-105.
3. Zhu K, Fu H, Zhang J, Lv X, Tang J, Xu X. Studies on removal of NH4+-N from aqueous solution by using the activated carbons derived from rice husk. Biomass and bioenergy 2012;43:18-25.
4. Guo J, Xu WS, Chen YL, Lua AC. Adsorption of NH3 onto activated carbon prepared from palm shells impregnated with H2SO4. Journal of colloid and interface science 2005;281(2):285-290.
5. Huang L, Li L, Dong W, Liu Y, Hou H. Removal of ammonia by OH radical in aqueous phase. Environmental science & technology 2008;42(21):8070-8075.
6. Cao Z, Wen D, Chen H, Wang J. Simultaneous Removal of COD and Ammonia Nitrogen Using a Novel Electro-Oxidation Reactor: A Technical and Economic Feasibility Study. International Journal Of Electrochemical Science 2016;11(5):4018-4026.
7. Duan H-Z, Zeng H-Y, Xiao H-M, Chen C-R, Xiao G-F, Zhao Q. Optimization of ammonia nitrogen removal by SO42− intercalated hydrotalcite using response surface methodology. RSC Advances 2016;6(54):48329-35.
8. Halim AA, Latif MT, Ithnin A. Ammonia removal from aqueous solution using organic acid modified activated carbon. World Applied Sciences Journal 2013;24(1):1-6.
9. Marcano D.C, Kosynkin DV, Berlin JM, Sinitskii A, Sun Z, Slesarev A, et al. Improved Synthesis of Graphene Oxide. ACS Nano. 2010; 4(8): 4806–4814.
10. Anisuzzaman S, Joseph CG, Taufiq-Yap Y, Krishnaiah D, Tay V. Modification of commercial activated carbon for the removal of 2, 4-dichlorophenol from simulated wastewater. Journal of King Saud University-Science 2015;27(4):318-330.
11. Federation WE, Association APH. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater. American Public Health Association (APHA): Washington, DC, USA. 2005.
12. Dargahi A, Mohammadi M, Amirian F, Karami A, Almasi A. Phenol removal from oil refinery wastewater using anaerobic stabilization pond modeling and process optimization using response surface methodology (RSM). Desalination and Water Treatment 2017;87:199-208.
13. Fu J, Chen Z, Wang M, Liu S, Zhang J, Zhang J, et al. Adsorption of methylene blue by a high-efficiency adsorbent (polydopamine microspheres): kinetics, isotherm, thermodynamics and mechanism analysis. Chem Eng J 2015;259:53-61.
14. Ghaedi M, Ansari A, Habibi M, Asghari A. Removal of malachite green from aqueous solution by zinc oxide nanoparticle loaded on activated carbon: kinetics and isotherm study. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 2014;20(1):17-28.
15. Zheng Y, Xie Y, Wang A. Rapid and wide pH-independent ammonium-nitrogen removal using a composite hydrogel with three-dimensional networks. Chem Eng J 2012;179:90-98.
16. Kumar PS, Ramalingam S, Sathishkumar K. Removal of methylene blue dye from aqueous solution by activated carbon prepared from cashew nut shell as a new low-cost adsorbent. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering 2011;28(1):149-155.
17. Nasuha N, Hameed B, Din ATM. Rejected tea as a potential low-cost adsorbent for the removal of methylene blue. J Hazar Mater 2010;175(1-3):126-132.
18. Hussain S, Aziz HA, Isa MH, Adlan MN, Asaari FA. Physico-chemical method for ammonia removal from synthetic wastewater using limestone and GAC in batch and column studies. Bioresource Technology 2007;98(4):874-880.
19. Wu J, Yu H-Q. Biosorption of 2, 4-dichlorophenol from aqueous solution by Phanerochaete chrysosporium biomass: Isotherms, kinetics and thermodynamics. J Hazar Mater 2006;137(1):498-508.
20. Deng H, Lu J, Li G, Zhang G, Wang X. Adsorption of methylene blue on adsorbent materials produced from cotton stalk. Chem Eng J 2011;172(1):326-334.
21. Lebedynets M, Sprynskyy M, Sakhnyuk I, Zbytniewski R, Golembiewski R, Buszewski B. Adsorption of ammonium ions onto a natural zeolite: transcarpathian clinoptilolite. Adsorpt. Sci. Technol 2004;22(9):731-741.
22. Zabochnicka-Świątek M, Malińska K. Removal of ammonia by clinoptilolite. Global NEST Journal 2010;12(3):256-261.
23. Gobi K, Mashitah M, Vadivelu V. Adsorptive removal of Methylene Blue using novel adsorbent from palm oil mill effluent waste activated sludge: Equilibrium, thermodynamics and kinetic studies. Chem Eng J 2011;171(3):1246-1252.
24. Arslan A, Veli S. Zeolite 13X for adsorption of ammonium ions from aqueous solutions and hen slaughterhouse wastewaters. Journal of the Taiwan institute of chemical engineers 2012;43(3):393-398.
25. Zheng H, Han L, Ma H, Zheng Y, Zhang H, Liu D, et al. Adsorption characteristics of ammonium ion by zeolite 13X. J Hazar Mater 2008;158(2):577-584.