1. Matter A, Dietsch M, Zurbrügg C. Improving the informal recycling sector through segregation of waste in the household–The case of Dhaka Bangladesh. Habitat Int 2013; 38: 150-156.
2. Scheinberg A, Wilson DC, Rodic-Wiersma L. Solid waste management in the world's cities. UN Habitat-Earthscan; 2010.
3. Thompson RC, Moore CJ, Vom Saal FS, Swan SH. Plastics, the environment, and human health: current consensus and future trends. Philos Trans R Soc B Biol Sci 2009; 364(1526): 2153-2166.
4. Tam VW, Tam C. Evaluations of existing waste recycling methods: a Hong Kong study. Build Environ 2006; 41(12): 1649-1660.
5. Al-Salem S, Lettieri P, Baeyens J. Recycling and recovery routes of plastic solid waste (PSW): A review. Waste manag 2009; 29(10): 2625-2643.
6. Mwanza BG, Mbohwa C. Drivers to Sustainable Plastic Solid Waste Recycling: A Review. Procedia Manuf 2017; 8: 649-656.
7. Kaseva M, Mbuligwe S, Kassenga G. Recycling inorganic domestic solid wastes: results from a pilot study in Dar es Salaam City, Tanzania. Resour Conserv Recycl 2002; 35(4): 243-257.
8. Rajaeifar MA, Tabatabaei M, Ghanavati H, Khoshnevisan B, Rafiee S. Comparative life cycle assessment of different municipal solid waste management scenarios in Iran. Renew Sustain Energy Rev 2015; 51: 886-898
9. Farzadkia M, Jorfi S, Akbari H, Ghasemi M. Evaluation of dry solid waste recycling from municipal solid waste: a case of Mashhad city, Iran. Waste Manag Resh 2012; 30(1): 106-112
10. Pakpour AH, Zeidi IM, Emamjomeh MM, Asefzadeh S, Pearson H. Household waste behaviors among a community sample in Iran: An application of the theory of planned behavior. Waste manag 2014; 34(6): 980-986
11. Mahar A, Malik RN, Qadir A, Ahmed T, Khan Z, Khan MA, editors. Review and analysis of current solid waste management situation in urban areas of Pakistan. Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management; 2007: Chennai, India. pp.34-41.
12. Karak T, Bhagat R, Bhattacharyya P. Municipal solid waste generation, composition, and management: the world scenario. Crit Rev EnvironSci Technol 2012; 42(15): 1509-1630
13. Afroz R, Hanaki K, Tudin R. Factors affecting waste generation: a study in a waste management program in Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Environmental monitoring and assessment 2011; 179(1-4): 509-519
14. Agarwal A, Singhmar A, Kulshrestha M, Mittal AK. Municipal solid waste recycling and associated markets in Delhi, India. Resour Conserv Recycl 2005; 44(1): 73-90.
15. Datta M. Waste disposal in engineered landfills. Narosa, New Delhi 1997.
16. Sandin G, Peters GM. Environmental impact of textile reuse and recycling–A review. J Clean Prod 2018;184:353-365.
17. Black M, Karki J, Lee A, Makai P, Baral Y, Kritsotakis E, et al. The health risks of informal waste workers in the Kathmandu Valley: a cross-sectional survey. Public health 2019; 166: 10-18.
18. Binion E, Gutberlet J. The effects of handling solid waste on the wellbeing of informal and organized recyclers: a review of the literature. Int J Occup Environ Health 2012; 18(1): 43-52.
19. Pokhrel D, Viraraghavan T. Municipal solid waste management in Nepal: practices and challenges. Waste Manag 2005; 25(5): 555-562.
20. Wilson DC, Rodic L, Scheinberg A, Velis CA, Alabaster G. Comparative analysis of solid waste management in 20 cities. Waste Manag Res 2012; 30(3): 237-254
21. Dahlbo H, Poliakova V, Mylläri V, Saimaa O, Anderson R. Recycling potential of post-consumer plastic packaging waste in Finland. Waste Manag 2018; 71: 52-61.
22. Singh M, Thind PS, John S. Health risk assessment of the workers exposed to the heavy metals in e-waste recycling sites of Chandigarh and Ludhiana, Punjab, India. Chemosphere 2018; 203: 426-433.
23. Uddin SMN, Gutberlet J. Livelihoods and health status of informal recyclers in Mongolia. Resour Conserv Recycl 2018; 134: 1-9.