1. Weich S, Blanchard M, Prince M, Burton E, Erens B, Sproston K. Mental health and the built environment: cross-sectional survey of individual and contextual risk factors for depression. The British Journal of Psychiatry 2002;180(5):428-433.
2. Evans GW. The built environment and mental health. Journal of urban health 2003;80(4):536-555.
3. Ulrich RS. Effects of interior design on wellness: Theory and recent scientific research. Journal of health care interior design 1991;3(1):97-109.
4. Mara D, Lane J, Scott B, Trouba D. Sanitation and health. PLoS medicine 2010;7(11):e1000363.
5. Verheyen J, Theys N, Allonsius L, Descamps F. Thermal comfort of patients: Objective and subjective measurements in patient rooms of a Belgian healthcare facility. Building and Environment 2011;46(5):1195-1204.
6. Qadri SS, Pathak R, Singh M, Ahluwalia S, Saini S, Garg P. An assessment of patients satisfaction with services obtained from a tertiary care hospital in rural Haryana. International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine & Public Health 2012;4(8):1524-1537.
7. Motamedi M, Charejo F. Physical environmental factors affected on patients satisfactory from health and meddical centers. Conference on civil and architecture engineering and urban sustainable management.
8. Juan YK, Cheng YC, Perng YH, Castro-Lacouture D. Optimal Decision Model for Sustainable Hospital Building Renovation—A Case Study of a Vacant School Building Converting into a Community Public Hospital. International journal of environmental research and public health 2016;13(7):630.
9. Siddiqui ZK, Zuccarelli R, Durkin N, Wu AW, Brotman DJ. Changes in patient satisfaction related to hospital renovation: experience with a new clinical building. Journal of hospital medicine 2015;10(3):165-171.
10. Ittelson WH, Proshansky HM, Rivlin LG. Bedroom size and social interaction of the psychiatric ward. Environment and Behavior 1970;2(3):255.
11. Karimi SAP, Saravi BM, Farahabbadi EB, Zamanfar D, Fallah M, Abokheily MA. Studying the rate and causes of discharge against medical advice in hospitals affiliated to mazandaran university of medical sciences. Materia socio-medica 2014;26(3):203-207.
12. Wilson LM. Intensive care delirium: The effect of outside deprivation in a windowless unit. Archives of Internal Medicine 1972;130(2):225-226.
13. Douglas CH, Douglas MR. Patient‐friendly hospital environments: exploring the patients’ perspective. Health Expectations 2004;7(1):61-73.
14. Marcus CC, Barnes M. Gardens in healthcare facilities: Uses, therapeutic benefits, and design recommendations. Center for Health Design Concord, CA; 1995.
15. Ulrich RS. Visual landscape preference: A model and application. Man-Environment Systems 1977.
16. Schroeder HW. Preference and meaning of arboretum landscapes: Combining quantitative and qualitative data. Journal of Environmental Psychology 1991;11(3):231-248.
17. Lerttrakarnnon P, Boonyaritichaikij S, Utawichai
P. Patient satisfaction on health service at the family medicine learning centers, Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University in 2003. Journal of Bulletin of Chiang Mai Associated Medical Sciences 2004;43(2):67-76.
18. Tasneem A, Shaukat S, Amin F, Mahmood KT. Patient satisfaction; a comparative study at teaching versus DHQ level hospital in Lahore, Pakistan. Journal of Pharmacutical Sciencees and Research 2010;2(11):767-774.
19. Gogoi S, Chaudhury B. Patient satisfaction in a multispeciality hospital of north east India: A cross sectional study. International Journal of Pharma Research and Health Sciences 2015; 3 (3):700-707.
20. Jason A. The patchwork perspective: A new view for patient experience. Journal of Patient Experience 2017;4(3):1-3.
21. Baldassari LE, Conforte M, Caputo M, Werner C. Investigation of the Effects of the Built Environment on Patient Health Outcomes and Staff Satisfaction. Worcester Polytechnic Institute 2005.
22. Anthopoulos PK, Georgi NJ. Landscape preference evaluation for hospital environmental design. Journal of Environmental Protection 2011; 2: 639-647.
23. Edwards L, Torcellini P. Literature Review of the Effects of Natural Light on Building Occupants. National Renewable Energy Lab., Golden, CO.(US);2002.
24. Adams J, Bartram J, Chartier Y. Essential environmental health standards for health care. 2008.
25. O'connell N, Humphreys H. Intensive care unit design and environmental factors in the acquisition of infection. Journal of Hospital Infection 2000;45(4):255-262.
26. Schweitzer M, Gilpin L, Frampton S. Healing spaces: elements of environmental design that make an impact on health. Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine 2004;10(Supplement 1):S-71-S-83.
27. Salonen H, Lahtinen M, Lappalainen S, Nevala N, Knibbs L D, Morawska L, et al. Design approaches for promoting beneficial indoor environments in healthcare facilities: A review. Intelligent Buildings International 2013;5(1):26-50.
28. Makarem J, Larigani B, Joodaki K, Ghaderi S, Nayeri F, Mohammad Poor M. Patients' satisfaction with inpatient services provided in hospitals affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran, during 2011-2013. J Med Ethics Hist Med 2016;9(6):1-10.
29. Rahmqvist M. Patient satisfaction in relation to age, health status and other background factors: a model for comparisons of care units. The International Journal for Quality in Health Care 2001; 13(5): 385-90.