1. Su C, Jiang L, Zhang W. A review on heavy metal contamination in the soil worldwide: Situation, impact and remediation techniques. Environ Skep Crit 2014; 3(2): 24-38.
2. Li N, Kang Y, Pan W, Zeng L, Zhang Q, Luo J. Concentration and transportation of heavy metals in vegetables and risk assessment of human exposure to bioaccessible heavy metals in soil near a waste-incinerator site, South China. Sci Total Environ 2015; 521-522: 144-51.
3. Page V, Feller U. Selective transport of zinc, manganese, nickel, cobalt and cadmium in the root system and transfer to the leaves in young wheat plants. Ann Bot 2005; 96(3): 425- 34.
4. Yang XE, Long XX, Ye HB, He ZL, Calvert DV, Stoffella PJ. Cadmium tolerance and hyperaccumulation in a new Zn-hyperaccumulating plant species (Sedum alfredii Hance). Plant Soil 2004; 259(1-2): 181-9.
5. Baycu G, Tolunay D, Ozden H, Günebakan S. Ecophysiological and seasonal variations in Cd, Pb, Zn and Ni concentrations in the leaves of urban deciduous trees in Istanbul. Environ Pollut 2006; 143(3): 545-54.
6. Wuana RA, Okieimen FE. Heavy metals in contaminated soils: A review of sources, chemistry, risks and best available strategies for remediation. ISRN Ecol 2011; 2011: 402647.
7. Zwolak A, Sarzyńska M, Szpyrka E, Stawarczyk K. Sources of soil pollution by heavy metals and their accumulation in vegetables: A review. Water Air Soil Pollut 2019; 230: 164.
8. Intawongse M, Dean J R. Uptake of heavy metals by vegetable plants grown on contaminated soil and their bioavailability in the human gastrointestinal tract. Food Addit Contam 2006; 23(1): 36–48.
9. Lightfoot N, Berriault C, Semenciw R. Mortality and cancer incidence in a nickel cohort. Occup Med 2010; 60(3): 211–8.
10. Pirooty S, Ghasemzadeh M. Toxic effects of Lead on different organs of the human body. Feyz J Kashan Uni Med Sci 2013; 16(7): 761-62.
11. Masto RE, Kumar S, Rout T K, Sarkar P, George J, Ram L C. Biochar from water hyacinth (Eichornia crassipes) and its impact on soil biological activity. Catena 2013; 111: 64-71.
12. Knowles OA, Robinson BH, Contangelo A, Clucas L. Biochar for the mitigation of nitrate leaching from soil amended with biosolids. Sci Total Environ 2011; 409(17): 3206-10.
13. Rahimi T, Moezzi A, Hojati S. The Effects of different levels of cow manure and its biochar on the kinetics of nickel adsorption in a calcareous soil. J Water Soil Sci (Sci & Technol Agric & Natur Resour) 2018; 22(1): 199-09. [In Persian]
14. Sohi S, Lopez-Capel E, Krull E, Bol R. Biochar’s role in soil and climate change: A review of research needs. CSIRO Land and Water Science Report 2009; 5(09): 1–57.
15. Hossain MK, Strezov V, Yin Chan K, Nelson PF. Agronomic properties of wastewater sludge biochar and bioavailability of metals in production of cherry tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum). Chemosphere 2010; 78(9): 1167- 71.
16. Zhang X, Wang H, He L, Lu K, Sarmah A, Li J, et al. Using biochar for remediation of soils contaminated with heavy metals and organic pollutants. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 2013; 20(12): 8472-83.
17. Lyu H, Gao B, He F, Zimmerman AR, Ding C, Huang H, et al. Effects of ball milling on the physicochemical and sorptive properties of biochar: Experimental observations and governing mechanisms. Environ Pollut 2018; 233: 54-63.
18. Ahmad M, Lee SS, Lim JE, Lee SE, Cho JS, Moon DH, et al. Speciation and phytoavailability of lead and antimony in a small arms range soil amended with mussel shell, cow bone and biochar. Chemosphere 2014; 95: 433-41.
19. Mohan D, Kumar A, Pittman C. Sustainable biochar-a tool for climate change mitigation, soil management and water and wastewater treatment. Geostatistical and Geospatial Approaches for the Characterization of Natural Resources in the Environment: Springer; 2016: 949-52.
20. Doumer ME, Rigol A, Vidal M, Mangrich AS. Removal of Cd, Cu, Pb, and Zn from aqueous solutions by biochars. Environ Sci Pollut Res 2016; 23(3): 2684-92.
21. Biria M, Moezzi A, Ameri Khah H. Effect of sugarcane bagasse biochar on maize plant growth, grown in lead and cadmium contaminated soil. J Water Soil (Agricultural Sciences and Technology) 2017; 31(2): 609-26. [In Persian]
22. Metwali E, Eid M H, Bayoumi TS. Agronomical traits and biochemical genetic markers associated with salt tolerance in wheat cultivars (Triticum aestivum L). Aust J Basic Appl Sci 2011; 5(5): 174-83.
23. Haji Sharafi H, Zarei SH, Sakinejad T, Bijanpour H. Application of organic fertilizers from bagasse and sugarcane bagasse composts to increase soil organic matter and reduce chemical fertilizer use in sugarcane fields (A case study of Amir Kabir Agro-industry). Second Conference on New Findings in Environmental and Agricultural Eco Systems, Tehran. Iran. 2016.
24. Arunakumara KKIU, Walpola BC, Yoon MH. Bioaugmentation-assisted phytoextraction of Co, Pb and Zn: An assessment with a phosphate-solubilizing bacterium isolated from metal-contaminated mines of Boryeong area in South Korea. Biotechnol Agron Soc Environ 2015; 19(2): 143-52.
25. Rajkovich S, Enders A, Hanley K, Hyland C, Zimmerman AR, Lehmann J. Corn growth and nitrogen nutrition after additions of biochars with varying properties to a temperate soil. Biol Fertil Soils 2012; 48(3): 271-84.
26. Liu J, Li K, Xu J, Zhang Z, Ma T, Lu X, et al. Lead toxicity, uptake, and translocation in different rice cultivars. Plant Sci 2003; 165(4): 793-802.
27. Pourrut B, Shahid M, Dumat C, Winterton P, Pinelli E. Lead uptake, toxicity, and detoxification in plants. Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 2011; 213: 113-36.
28. Food and feed-maximum limit of heavy metals. Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran. 2010.
29. Khanmohammadi Z, Afyuni M, Mosaddeghi MR. Effect of sewage sludge and its biochar on chemical properties of two calcareous soils and maize shoot yield. Arch Agron Soil Sci 2017; 63(2): 198-212.
30. Ker K, Charest C. Nickel remediation by AM-colonized sunflower. Mycorrhiza 2010; 20(6): 399- 406.
31. Lawrinenko M. Anion exchange capacity of biochar. M.S. dissertation, Iowa State University Ames, Iowa. USA. 2014.
32. RastManesh F, Marouni F, Mehrabi Koushki M, Zarasvand A. Evaluation of heavy metal enrichment in wheat farms of Ahvaz. J Environ Sci Eng 2015; 2(8): 19-21. [In Persian]