1. Padhi BS. Pollution due to synthetic dyes toxicity and carcinogenicity studies and remediation. Int J Environ Sci 2012; 3(3):940-955.
2. Zhou Q. Chemical pollution and transport of organic dyes in water–soil–crop systems of the Chinese Coast. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 2001; 66(6):784-493.
3. Robinson T, McMullan G, Marchant R, Nigam P. Remediation of dyes in textile effluent: a critical review on current treatment technologies with a proposed alternative. Bioresour Technol 2001; 77(3):247-255.
4. Imran M, Crowley DE, Khalid A, Hussain S, Mumtaz MW, Arshad M. Microbial biotechnology for decolorization of textile wastewaters. Rev Environ Sci Biotecnol 2015; 14(1): 73-92.
5. Rehman K, Shahzad T, Sahar A, Hussain S, Mahmood F, Siddique MH, et al. Effect of Reactive Black 5 azo dye on soil processes related to C and N cycling. Peer J 2018; 6: e4802.
6. Pazos M, Cameselle C, Sanromán MA. Remediation of dye-polluted kaolinite by combination of electrokinetic remediation and electrochemical treatment. Environ Eng Sci 2008; 25(3): 419-428.
7. Jayanthy V, Geetha R, Rajendran R, Prabhavathi P, Sundaram SK, Kumar SD, et al. Phytoremediation of dye contaminated soil by Leucaenaleucocephala (subabul) seed and growth assessment of Vignaradiata in the remediated soil. Saudi J Biol Sci 2014; 21(4): 324-333.
8. Mc Cullagh C, Skillen N, Adams M, Robertson PK. Photocatalytic reactors for environmental remediation: a review. J Chem Technol Biotechnol 2011; 86(8):1002-1017.
9. Yagub MT, Sen TK, Afroze S, Ang HM. Dye and its removal from aqueous solution by adsorption: a review. Adv Colloid Interface Sci 2014; 209:172-184.
10. Liu Y, Zhao X, Li J, Ma D, Han R. Characterization of bio-char from pyrolysis of wheat straw and its evaluation on methylene blue adsorption. Desalin Water Treat 2012; 46(1-3):115-123.
11. Sparks D L. Methods of Soil Analysis: Part 3, Chemical methods. Madison, WI: Soil Science Society of America. 1996.
12. Shaheen I, Ahmad KS, Jaffri SB, Zahra T, Azhar S. Evaluating the adsorption and desorption behavior of triasulfuron as a function of soil physico-chemical characteristics. Soil Environ 2016; 35(1):99-105.
13. Ajmal A, Majeed I, Malik RN, Iqbal M, Nadeem MA, Hussain I, et al. Photocatalytic degradation of textile dyes on Cu2O-CuO/TiO2anatase powders. J Environ Chem Eng 2016; 4(2):2138-2146.
14. Zhang F, Zhao J, Shen T, Hidaka H, Pelizzetti E, Serpone N. TiO2-assisted photodegradation of dye pollutants II. Adsorption and degradation kinetics of eosin in TiO2 dispersions under visible light irradiation. Appl Catal, B 1998; 15(1-2):147-156.
15. Daneshvar N, Salari D, Niaei A, Rasoulifard MH, Khataee AR. Immobilization of TiO2 nanopowder on glass beads for the photocatalytic decolorization of an azo dye CI Direct Red 23. J Environ Sci Health, Part A 2005; 40(8):1605-1617.
16. Chen B, Yuan M. Enhanced sorption of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by soil amended with biochar. J Soil Sediment 2011; 11:62–71.
17. Deng Y, Zhang T, Wang Q. Biochar adsorption treatment for typical pollutants removal in livestock wastewater: A review. Engineering applications of biochar. 2017; http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.68253
18. Xu RK, Xiao SC, Yuan JH, Zhao AZ. Adsorption of methyl violet from aqueous solutions by the biochars derived from crop residues. Bioresour Technol 2011; 102(22):10293-8.
19. Yao Y, Gao B, Zhang M, Inyang M, Zimmerman AR. Effect of biochar amendment on sorption and leaching of nitrate, ammonium, and phosphate in a sandy soil. Chemosphere 2012; 89(11):1467-1471.
20. Mesgari Z, Gharagozlou M, Khosravi A, Gharanjig K. Spectrophotometric studies of visible light induced photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange using phthalocyanine-modified Fe-doped TiO2 nanocrystals. Spectrochim Acta A 2012; 92:148-53.
21. Ehrampoosh M, Moussavi GH, Ghaneian M, Rahimi S, Ahmadian M. Removal of methylene blue dye from textile simulated sample using tubular reactor and TiO2/UV-C photocatalytic process. J Environ Health Sci Eng 2011; 8(1):34-40.
22. Tayade RJ, Natarajan TS, Bajaj HC. Photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye using ultraviolet light emitting diodes. Ind Eng Chem Res 2009; 48(23):10262-10267.
23. Munter R. Advanced oxidation processes–current status and prospects. Proc Estonian Acad Sci Chem 2001; 50(2):59-80.
24. Asadi M, Shayegan J, Alaie E. Photocatalytic degradation of PAHs contaminated soil in south pars economic and energy zone with TiO2 nanocatalyst. Iran J Chem Eng 2007; 4(1): 14-20.
25. Gu J, Dong D, Kong L, Zheng Y, Li X. Photocatalytic degradation of phenanthrene on soil surfaces in the presence of nanometer anatase TiO2 under UV-light. J Environ Sci 2012; 24(12): 2122-2126.
26. Shi M, Hu LC, Huang ZQ, Dai JY. The influence of bio-char inputting on the adsorption of phenanthrene by soils and by maize seedlings. J Agro Environ Sci 2011; 30:912–916.
27. Beesley L, Moreno-Jiménez E, Gomez-Eyles JL. Effects of biochar and greenwaste compost amendments on mobility, bio- availability and toxicity of inorganic and organic contaminants in a multi-element polluted soil. Environ Pollut 2010; 158(6):2282–2287.